Proverbs and sayings
Exploring Proverbs/Sayings & Their Understanding Across Different Cultures
Keywords: Proverbs, Sayings, Culture, Globalisation
Aims and Rationale
Learning Outcomes and Associated Areas of Knowledge
- Draw parallels between their seemingly different cultures and gain a better understanding of themselves and each other.
- Demonstrate their own understanding of sayings they are familiar with and their real life application
- Understand how information can get lost in translation and the importance of perspective when communicating with others.
21st Century skills
- Collaboration and Communication
- Global and Local Connections
- Equality and Diversity
- Research Skills and Practices
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Students are to link up (through drawing lines or joining up letters the sayings that correspond with each other) and then also discuss in a group for up to 10 minutes before concluding within the class).
Assessment for Learning